Sunday, November 6, 2011

Welcome!

I am so glad you found your way to my site!   Here you will be able to find information on what a birth doula is, what I, specifically, can do for you and also, hopefully soon, information on birth in general ranging from scientific articles to personal accounts.  I will do my best to keep this site updated but if any of you have questions that aren't answered here please feel free to email me.

My belief is that birth is a defining moment in each person's life.  How a baby is born and our memories of that time have a lifelong effect.  Studies have shown that the continual presence of another person during labor increases the likelihood that a mother will retain positive memories of her birth experience.  My job as a birth doula is to help mothers and their partners have the birth they want by providing them with the informational tools they need and by helping them feel supported throughout their labor and delivery.

If you are interested in hiring me as your birth doula, please email me at: yourbirthdoula@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment